The website www.lostinmusic.org and its subdirectories and subdomains (the “website”) is provided and managed by the University of Westminster of 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW (the “University”).
Ownership of intellectual property rights
The University owns or licenses all intellectual property rights in and to the website including but not limited to all copyright in the website content and all rights in the names and logos of the University.
Access to and use of the website
Material contained in the website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal use provided that no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part. This permission to download and print material does not extend to material identified on the website as belonging to third parties, where you must obtain the permission of the relevant owners before doing so.
Material contained in the website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the University. In particular it must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain. The University may provide such consent or decline to do so in its sole discretion. All other rights are reserved.
You agree not to:
- use the website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of the website by other users;
- upload, display or transmit any materials through the website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, abusive, menacing, indecent, unlawful or which violate, breach or infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world (including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights) or attempt to do so;
- reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on the website and entered by or relating to any third party user of the website.
You should ensure that you always have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the internet and the website.
Usernames and passwords
Certain parts of the website are accessible to registered users only. If you are entitled to access those areas, you will be required to use a username and password to do so. You agree to:
- ensure that any details supplied to the University in order to register for such access are accurate and to advise the University promptly in the event that any such details change; and
- keep confidential any login details enabling such access and to be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of any such login details by any third party.
The University reserves the right to terminate your access to password protected parts of the website if it considers that you are using this website in a manner detrimental to the website or to other users.
Links to third party websites are provided for convenience only. The University has no control over and so cannot accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. The University does not endorse any linked website.
You may create a link to the website from your website providing such link is not used in a misleading or defamatory context. You agree to remove any link to the website from your website upon our written request.
However, the posting of links to or pasting of web content which has been obtained from behind a pay wall is prohibited.
Privacy and cookies
Exclusions and limitations of liability
The University does not guarantee that the website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available or that you will be able or entitled to access them at any time.
The website has been prepared with the aim of providing key information about music and copyright infringement law. The website does not constitute advice in relation to any specific course of action that you may wish to take. Please note that material in certain pages of the website may contain advice, opinions or statements from various individuals and other authors and may not reflect the views of the University.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on the website was accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and the University gives no warranty whatsoever that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
The University may change or amend any information on the website at any time.
The website and all information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, in respect of the website (including without limitation in respect of quality, performance, fitness or suitability for purpose or non-infringement of any intellectual property rights) are excluded by the University to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The University excludes all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law in respect of any loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, business opportunity, any loss of or cost of restoration of data or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of the website or any website linked to it or from reliance on any contents of the website or any material or information accessed through it.